The National Minority Male Health Project (NMMHP) at Lincoln University is part of a consortium between Morehouse College, Wilberforce University, Morgan State University, and Bowie State University that delivers a comprehensive campus and community-based model program that addresses issues of health for male minorities, a population that has been distanced from health and wellness.
The National Consortium framework of services includes the following:
- Campus Male-Focused Health Resource Center (located in Wright Hall, Room 313)
- Health Screenings (Special focus on Cardiovascular and Diabetes concerns)
- Health Education Services (Special focus on Substance Abuse and Unintentional Injuries)
- Health Clinic Partnership
- Research and Evaluation
- Childhood Obesity Program
- Barbershop Blood Pressure Monitoring Program
For more information, on the Lincoln University program please call ext. 7550.
For more information on the national program please visit http://newmenshealth.org/